We all have things we want to keep safe for the future, but we also want to keep them away from eyes that don’t need to know about what we’ve stored. Most apps that link you to your drives in the cloud are obvious. There is Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Docs and more. What if you wanted a place where you could store your stuff and no one would ever know what app it was under?
Download Secret Calculator Vault and find out what I mean. Secret Calculator is an app that, on the surface, looks like a calculator. It even functions like a calculator. But, when you enter the right “equation,” up pops a drive where you can safely keep photos, files and videos to your heart’s desire.
The app works on both the iPhone and iPad and is free to download, but to gain access to its more robust features, you really need to sign up for a subscription. You can pay by the month for $0.99/month or pay $9.99 for the year and save some money.
Either way, you get access to a vault that is all yours and easy to get to, but no one even knows it’s there! That is the beauty behind this app. While most nosy folks will be looking for an app that looks like access into a cloud server, you will have faked them out.
Some of the more important features offered by Secret Calculator include:
- Variety of Locks – choose from a Calculator Lock, a Dot Lock, Numeric, Alphabetic, Passcode or Touch ID
- Easy Locking – shake or flip your device to automatically lock the secret drive
- Secret Storage – all of your files are safely “contained” in what appears to be a calculator
- Secret Camera – the app itself has its own “camera” from which to take photos, so nothing is traced back to the camera app on your device
- Folder Level Locks – you can add additional locks on albums to layer your security
- WiFi File Transfers – easy transfer files over WiFi.
- Export – seamlessly connect to other cloud drives and bring over files from there into your protected vault
- Slideshow – forget about tapping on multiple files to see what’s inside. Find what you want, fast, by using the slideshow browser.
- Anti-theft functionality – the app actually takes a picture, secretly, when someone is trying to get into Secret Calculator.
If there was anything that I would change about this app, it would be to change its name. I would drop the “Secret”. It automatically draws attention. Call it Calculator Vault and you’re done.
As ingenious as it looks, Secret Calculator makes taking photos and videos “quietly” and keeping access to them from your device safe and secure. No more worrying about whether or not sneaky eyes will get a hold of your precious photos and moments that you want to keep to yourself.