Safety concerns for all are rampant across the globe. While many argue that the statistics are skewed, one incident is always one too many. For women, the concerns are greater. Most victims are women. Whatever method you choose to keep safe, make sure you have one. It is wiser to be prepared than to suffer the consequences.
One such method may include using Covert Alert. It’s an app that runs on both iOS and Android devices. What it does is provide you with the ability to alert your contacts when you feel you are in a possibly dangerous situation.
Covert Alert requires a minimal amount of information from you. All you need to provide is your First and Last Name, to help identify your contacts, an email address to assist when needing to regain access to your account, and a secure password. The developers assure that all of this information is kept under the tightest of security and protection, so exposure to hackers is practically prevented.
What is most beneficial about Covert Alert is that it’s voice activated through a Speech Activation setting. You quickly speak into the phone when you need to send out an alert and the app takes care of sending that alert to your contacts along with providing a link to them via GPS so they can track where you are. Of course, the tracking is on the phone and not you, so please be aware the app only helps if the phone is on you.
This S.O.S. distress system can also be active with special key phrases only you know, so you can covertly send out an alert and no one will know.
Features of the app include:
- Locking and unlocking the alert system through voice activation, using key phrases or words that you define.
- Alerts include your full name and a predefined customized message, something you set up, and are sent to all of your designated contacts.
- A location link, using GPS, is also sent out with the alert so contacts can track your movement
- Recording – app allows the user to records 15-snippets while in emergency activation mode. Recordings are saved to the device and a backup is also created in the cloud for future use.
- A maximum of 2 non-emergency messages can be defined and used, triggered by their own special keywords.
In a nutshell, Covert Alert provides hands-free safety for all. What would be nice is to save the recordings and have some of them sent to your contacts so they can even hear what may be going on.
If you are looking for an app that provides safety and protection for you and your loved ones, download Covert Alert. It’s free, it’s easy to set up and it works.